Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday 16 September 2011

    spoiled by the light.....

    15 September 2011
    Mohammadpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh

    some time back, I wrote that big lights should be called 'lazy light'..... as the beautiful quality of that light was making me satisfied too easily, precluding any possibility of experimenting with something different.... now, something else has come in and currently trying to capture the position of my most favourite light source.... this is the Simpex 120cm x 50cm softbox on the Elinchrom Ranger kit.... this is one winning combination that I don't wanna keep away..... its beginning to spoil me..... so far, I've used this light source as a single light source.... I haven't mixed any other light with it.... its ability to control the direction of light is simply amazing.... I only used the white wall as a backdrop.... its not really a strip-light, but its output is close to it.... and sometimes, its actually better than a strip-light, when you think that a strip-light would've been too narrow for the job.....

    this softbox allows me to put just about enough light on the backdrop to be able to avoid using another light as a separator from the edge.... the greyish tone of the backdrop almost always creates enough separation with the subject's dark hair.... and do I need to utter a word about the Elinchrom Ranger?.... this is one awesome light... shooting with a light like this is so easy... its fast recycle speed and power (providing depth of field) makes the job thousand time more efficient than speedlites.... actually there isn't any comparison....

    it was a sudden decision to arrange a short photo-session.... we've done that before many times.... it was on my cousin's wedding ceremony that triggered this.... my wife was more than just willing to make the best use of her make-up and wardrobe.... so, it just happened.... I was a bit tired at the end of a long work day..... I enjoyed the program very much and though a bit tired after coming back, the prospect of taking photos never took a back-seat....







    a lot more to come in a hurry!!
    blog comments powered by Disqus