Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday 10 September 2011

    Puthia rediscovered.....

    06 September 2011
    Puthia Palace
    Puthia, Rajshahi, Bangladesh

    its been a while since I last visited Puthia in May 2008.... the beauty of the ancient architecture there amazed me and also left me in sort of a shock!.... I knew I was gonna go there once again... but couldn't manage the time to actually do it... pushed by my in-laws, this time I was finally able to make my second visit there.... and what better way to go there than to take my in-laws there, most of whom had not seen the place.... I had documented the place before with the help of Mr. Biswanath Das..... I have the intention of doing some more work there.... but with the family with you, its time to do something different... just as I did at Rani Bhabani's Palace, I worked with portraits within the ancient settings.... we were already a bit tired from the day-long tour.... so, we kept the number of pictures within some sort of a control....

    we met the second caretaker there who helped us look at all the major buildings, starting from the One-Quarter Estate (Char-Ana Estate), down to the magnificent Anhik Temple, and the great Govinda Temple alongside the main palace.... the light inside the One-Quarter Estate was excellent, which made me bring out the camera and do some portraiture there..... we stayed for a while at the Govinda Temple, and also at the Rani Ghat in front of a big water-tank... the last leg of the journey obviously ended at the magnificent Shiv Temple.... we met the two caretakers together there.... met Mr. Biswanath there after more than three years, but he was able to recognise me, which was a good feeling....

    my feel for the place deepened with the changes I've observed there.... may be I would write on that in a separate blog..... but this tour definitely encouraged me to plan another visit there with some specific aims.....

    blogging from the Rajshahi tour hasn't finished yet... more coming up.... :)

















    blog comments powered by Disqus