Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 19 September 2011

    one picture; thousand memories....

    17 September, 2011
    Kazipara, Dhaka, Bangladesh

    I had been postponing this shoot for more than a year now.... but thanks God that I've finally completed this.... feeling relieved....

    Nazmun Nahar is my aunt; my mother's elder sister.... a strong personality known to a lot of people.... she had been a teacher for most of her life; lighting candles; and also leading others to do the same.... she had been the mainstay of Manipuri School for decades.... now, into her retirement, she still seeks that please in her work.... joining a much smaller school.... but doing the same thing.... teaching....



    she had walked most of her path alone.... the school had been her life.... that had kept her busy for most of her life.... she had always been a popular member of our family.... well qualified and opinionated.... she is known in the family as Pakhi (meaning "bird").... indeed she had been independent all through her life..... she had been through quite a lot of medical procedures of late, which left her much weaker than before.... her discipline keeps her going.... her mental strength and willpower are exemplary, even today...





    today, at an advanced stage of her life, she holds her mother's (my grandma) portrait intimately and finds all the similarities.... grandma hasn't aged a day since that photo was taken.... but that picture and others like that bring out all the lovely memories.... its just a few pictures we leave behind... but each picture holds thousands of memories....

    the lighting setup was simple for this shoot.... just a single light.... a YN-560 inside a Westcott Apollo 28" softbox.... my favourite "window light"....Elinchrom Skyports used as trigger...

    this is a series I am currently doing with the senior members of my family.... I need that determination to complete it.... hope I don't lazy again!

    much much more to come....
    blog comments powered by Disqus