Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday 20 February 2011

    big light source should also be called 'lazy light'....

    13 February 2011

    Mohammadpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh


    yes, it should be called "lazy light" too!!..... its one way of killing creativity..... a big light source produces such super quality light that it doesn't require any sort of tweaking to improve further!!.... simply because its just perfect!!..... how can you improve a perfect light??.... the only thing to do is to change the light altogether, not trying to improve upon it.... and that brings a lot more complex picture in front of you, and you tend to yawn and say, "what's wrong with this light? it seems perfectly OK!".... and there you go.... that big light simply dominates.....









    it was Pahela Falgun and for some unforeseen circumstances, we were locked-up in our home in the evening..... the day was just eaten up by office work!!...... so, the best thing we could do to feel Falgun was to dress up and pose!!.... the white backdrop provided the low-involvement background and the Elinchrom Ranger provided the low-involvement light source..... as I was planning to cover two people, I decided to create a really big light source..... I used a white cloth to span a couple of lightstands, and that became my 5'x5' light source.... it created an amazingly smooth light source.....



    later on, as I switched to some closer shots, I still decided to stick to this set-up, being extremely lazy.... and thats what made me upset when I sat in front of the PC..... why the heck wasn't I taking a bit more time to be a bit creative??..... well, need to work on this next time, I guess....
    blog comments powered by Disqus