Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 7 September 2011

    the queen and the royals.....

    06 September 2011
    Rani Bhabani's Palace
    Natore, Bangladesh

    Natore is only about one hour's drive from Rajshahi..... haven't been to this place before, which kept my curiosity high.... a push from my in-laws finally got me there.... this was the second day in our Rajshahi tour.... I had been to quite a few palaces in recent years... and have grown a bit of fondness for old bricks.... my recent ventures with portraiture helped me to see things that I didn't see that often.... its not just the bricks and windows that make a picture..... a human touch always brings life to old things.... one way to introduce the human touch is to do candids, where you capture humans in frame of your choice without them knowing about it.... and the other is to place a subject of your own choice.... fashion photography uses the second approach quite often... making use of a shabby, yet dramatic backdrop to create contrast or similarity with the subject.... for some obvious reasons, I went for the second approach at Rani Bhabani's Palace.... I still went for the abstract approach whenever the opportunities were there....

    anyway, to the shoot.... I almost exclusively did the whole shoot with an 85mm 1.8 lens.... aperture ranged between f2-f8... depending on the situation, I opened up the aperture or closed it.... the whole shoot was done with available light, and without any help from any reflector.... I guess some reflectors would've helped... but I only had a small 34" reflector, which would've produced harsh light for the subject, as I was not taking any close-up shots.... no strobes as well, as those would've required a certain amount of setup, for which I had little time....












    more to come in a hurry.....
    blog comments powered by Disqus