Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 27 October 2010

    white-out!!

    26 October 2010
    Mohammadpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh

    energy is hard to come by after a hectic workday at office.... didn't get any chance during the day to peek in the cyberspace.... my Net buddies went missing from my contact for almost two days..... and the two days seemed almost like a month!!..... yea, thats how cyber-freak I've become in recent times..... and the more pressure I get from my workplace, the higher the urge to become cyber-freak!!...... and also, click-freak!!...... hmm..... it was time to click...... went through all the hassle to setup all those stuff.... took almost 45 minutes and then after a few clicks, load-shedding stepped in!!.. grrrrrrr.......... waited for a full one hour before we could go on once again.... Lamisa was half asleep, as it was already around 11:40:PM!!..... but a few clicks are all that I needed..... it took me another 40 minutes to pack everything up....


























    the geeky stuff as usual........ tried something that I also tried before, but haven't done it in recent times..... high-key lighting with a blown-out background..... previously, I tried in different ways.... sometimes, using a white wall or sometimes using a white fabric screen.... but on both types of experiments, I projected the light on the background..... but this time I decided to make an exception..... projected the light on the backdrop alright, but not from in front of the screen, but rather from behind the screen..... and this was the first time I used the Simpex Prolite 400D strobe as the trigger light for SB-900 units..... the SB-900 was in SU-4 mode, triggered by the light from the 400D strobe..... used to 4'x4' diffusion panels to do the job; one acting as the backdrop and the other working as the key light..... few days back, I used a silver umbrella to use the SB-900 as an indirect light on the 4'x4' panel.... that light was really diffused..... but this time, the SB-900 was firing straight into the panel..... this resulted in the light being somewhat specular..... there were hot-spots and and I could see that in the catchlights..... and the 4'x4' backdrop seemed a little too small for a model like Lamisa..... I could see the edges of the backdrop quite often.... but I was too lazy to remove the edges in PS..... anyway, here is the setup.....

    blog comments powered by Disqus