Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday 28 August 2010

    tribute to a young artist......

    28 August 2010
    Mohammadpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh

    I always believe that creativity can't be taught.... its something that people are born with..... you can groom creativity to pull off something outstanding.... but its a gift that not everyone possesses.....

    we (my wife and me) suddenly decided to make a photograph that would pay tribute to a very young creative mind...... my wife once used to be a private tutor to Barnali.... Barnali used to come up with some really cool creative works of her own that looked beyond her age.... my wife got introduced to the world of glass-painting in this way..... you teach some; you learn some.... thats how life goes....

    Barnali presented a fantastic gift to her teacher which was a work of emotion and showed her affection in the real world...... we thus decided to remember her affection and pay tribute to her creative mind..... we love her and we also admire her work..... all the best wishes to her....

    now the geeky stuff..... I decided to use only one light source for this shot.... the idea was to project the work on the wall right beside the model (my wife).... I wanted the light source to be warm, but direct and contrasty..... I wanted it to have a spotlight effect with all its shadows......










    Nikon D700 + Nikkor 70-210mm f4-5.6D
    f8, 1/250s, ISO 200 @85mm
    Strobist info:
    One SB-900 (in TTL mode on tripod with grid spot and warm gel filter) on camera right..... glass-paint artwork (held by an improvised boom-arm) placed between the light and the subject....
    blog comments powered by Disqus