Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 25 August 2010

    enjoying tethered shooting......

    25 August 2010
    Mohammadpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh

    just got inspired by a YouTube video of a German commercial photographer..... he had been using his netbook for tethered shooting..... its not that I haven't seen this before..... but its the first time I've seen someone using a netbook instead of a big laptop or a big LCD monitor..... its a great tool to use, especially for portrait photography.....

    I searched the Net and downloaded DCamCapture..... its a free software and supports latest DSLR models...... its simple, but does the most important thing.... it brings the photo into the computer right after the shutter release...... it doesn't have an image viewer, but I didn't find this particularly limiting.... I used the ViewNX software as the viewer and problem solved..... I only needed to push the next button to see the picture..... I wasn't really bothered by that, at least, don't feel bothered right now...

    I took the opportunity to shoot some young models in-house and the system tested positive.... seeing the images big right after the shoo is a big advantage..... it helps to check critical focus much more easily and also helps to judge other things in the picture with more ease.... camera LCD does the same thing, but its too small to save a lot of time....



    Model: Tabassum
    Nikon D700 + Nikkor AF 50mm f1.4D
    f1.4, 1/125s, ISO1600
    Illumination from tube-light



    Model: Tabassum
    Nikon D700 + Nikkor AF 50mm f1.4D
    f1.4, 1/125s, ISO640
    Illumination from tube-light
    blog comments powered by Disqus