Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday 1 September 2011

    food and Eid: no confusion; great combination!!

    31 August 2011
    Mohammadur, Dhaka, Bangladesh

    just like the 2010 Eid-ul Fitr shoot, I had to bring out all that junk up to the dinner table... oh yeah!!... all that yummy stuff were to go into our stomach... but they have to wait.... for may be another half-an-hour.... and that was worth it, as these items are not that regularly made at home... a lot of effort went into those.... and with a much much lesser effort, they went into my camera!!

    anyway, not being a food photographer, I tend to bring in the experience of the previous session.... apart from the last Eid's shoot, I only had done shoot for Cafe Higin, which, in my opinion, was a pretty average show.... a new day is always a new experience... so, I went to work with a fairly basic setup.... what I've learned is that food photography was more to do with food styling than anything else.... but lighting is also important.... last time I had the main light shooting towards the ceiling, giving an overall fill for the whole table.... this time, I decided to use a 24" Lastolite Ezybox Hotshoe softbox, creating a more directional light.... and just like last time, there was a second flash giving backlight.... both the flashes were YN-560s... one was triggered by Elinchrom Skyport, the other was in optical trigger (S1) mode.... the lens was 85mm f1.8 Nikkor.... gives great bokeh, but I wanted a little bit of depth, so, used mostly between f2.8-5.6.....

    there you go.... just before they went into our stomach..... :)











    a lot more from the Eid Day coming up....
    blog comments powered by Disqus