Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 7 March 2011

    Golapganj strobist.....

    06 March 2011
    Golapganj, Sylhet, Bangladesh

    there you go..... a family trip just turned into a strobist event because of this freak..... well, you can call me freak, but thats what I do and will try to do..... I won't miss a moment if I can.... I already took a resolution for 2011, and that was to make the year a year of shooting people... with that in mind, the moment I planned for visiting Golapganj, I made it clear to myself that I'm gonna make the tour count..... I didn't dare take the Elinchrom Ranger with me.... the SB-900s were just fine... but I did feel the need for a third flash at least once, when I set up an SB-600 as a third flash with SU-800 as trigger.... the set-up, unfortunately, didn't work out because of SU-800's IR limitations.... I missed a third SB-900 or the Ranger..... anyway, it worked out pretty OK....

    had a lotta fun with the in-laws.... it wasn't just shooting.... it was the experience of the shoot that should be remembered by them......


    Meem as Spiderman.....
    one SB-900, camera right, on tripod with DIY grid-spot on it; triggered by Elinchrom Skyport
    Nikon D700 + Nikkor 50mm f1.4



    womanhood......
    one SB-900 on camera left with shoot-through umbrella, held by voice-activated light-stand (Munna); triggered by Elinshrom Skyport;
    one SB-900 on tripod with full CTO gel outside door at full power; triggered by Skyport;
    Nikon D700 + Nikkor 20mm f2.8D



    Moody Munna......
    one SB-900 camera right, on tripod with shoot-through umbrella; triggered by Skyport
    D700 + 50mm f1.4



    Arafat the baby......
    one SB-900 camera right, on tripod with shoot-through umbrella; triggered by Skyport
    D700 + 50mm f1.4

    a lot more to come..... did more strobist and non-strobist stuff..... will share them gradually.....
    blog comments powered by Disqus