Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 3 November 2010

    there's something about the light.....

    03 November 2010
    Mohammadpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh

    there must be something about the light..... by light I mean light created by fire.... the age-old light source..... man had been fascinated by this phenomenon and it made a deep mark in his thoughts..... somehow, the light has to be there to complete the spirituality..... the ambiance isn't complete without it.....

    its an integral part of faith..... just the other day (2nd November 2010) I came back from All Souls Day event..... an important day in the Christian calendar...... it reminded me of another festival I witnessed a few days back, Prabarana Purnima festival of the Buddhists..... both the events had a lotta candles..... there's another event coming up for the Hindus.... Kali Puja, where there would be more lights..... I've gone to the old part of town last year to witness that one.....

    I was literally amazed by the lighting that only candles were able to produce at the graveyard of Farm-gate Church..... I missed the photowalk last year.... this time, I was determined to catch it.... although I missed last year's full moon under a cloudy sky......

    From All Souls Day, Dhaka, November 2010



    From All Souls Day, Dhaka, November 2010


    From All Souls Day, Dhaka, November 2010



    From All Souls Day, Dhaka, November 2010


    have seen something similar at Prabarana Purnima festival as well (22nd October 2010)...... it was all about lights...... surely a festival of lights.....

    From Prabarana Festival 22 October 2010



    From Prabarana Festival 22 October 2010



    From Prabarana Festival 22 October 2010



    From Prabarana Festival 22 October 2010



    and this is what I saw last year (18th October 2009) during Kali Puja (Diwali)....... lights again.....

    From Kali Puja, Shakharibazar, Dhaka, October 2009



    From Kali Puja, Shakharibazar, Dhaka, October 2009
    blog comments powered by Disqus