Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday 21 May 2010

    Shooting time..........

    20 May 2010
    Mohammadpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh

    it was an experiment..... just wanted to see how difficult it may be to shoot a product against a complete white backdrop....... I've never shot such things, so it was a challenge...... wrist-watches became my subjects..... I had several considerations...... first, I knew I had to use a tele to flatten perspective and to bring the background to a minimum..... but when I put the 70-210 on my camera, I straightaway knew that I needed a macro to do this..... close focus was the second key thing I discovered...... I put on the Sigma 150mm macro and things began to improve...... I had to go as close as 1.75ft of the subject to get a decent crop...... third, I found that I needed another light source coming from the back to blow the surface into complete white..... so, I ended up with three flashes; two with shoot-through umbrellas and one with a home-made diffuser...... the settings apparently worked.....





    settings.......
    blog comments powered by Disqus