Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday 22 October 2009

    Strobist Experiment: Orange Gel Filter on Background Light

    had been experimenting with gel filters on flash units for several days...... mainly for hair light....... still struggling to get perfection out of that.... used snoot to get proper direction out of that snoot..... I tried that on this occasion too, but quickly found out the difference and rather used the flash without the gel filter..... this the whole background a glowing look, which is what I was really after......

    this was the first time I successfully used the Simpex Prolite 400D flash head in a softbox..... I had to modify it with two thick layers of home-made diffusion materials..... now I can dial-up the power level somewhat...... I still think this flash head needs more control to work properly.....

    the reflector is really struggling, along with its stand..... the makeshift stand can't be bent in any direction, which makes sure that the reflector only works horizontally...... and this horizontal workability also happens to be at a fixed height..... this need to be fixed...... and the other thing that I had noticed about the reflector is the focused beam of light..... its workable angle of view is pretty narrow..... so, the subject's slight movement takes the reflector out of use.....

    anyway, this was a late night photoshoot once again........ and the idea of looking up basically came from my wife...... it was one in a series of shots..... and this one turned out to be the most interesting.......



    setup.......
    blog comments powered by Disqus