Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 28 October 2009

    Lamisa eats up Daddy's strobe!!

    yes, she did!!!...... well, not actually!! :)

    I was just experimenting with the new white backdrop that I've made at home..... actually my family members helped me with it..... I invested my time behind making the backdrop stand up...... and it was a big challenge....... preparing a home-made stand made of cheap materials thats gonna withstand the weight of an 8'x8' curtain was surely a challenge...... ultimately, it wasn't as sturdy as I had hoped, but it worked..... and the system is sufficiently flexible to be able to update it......

    while shooting, I encountered many obstacles, which I hope to eliminate gradually..... I don't have the desire to learn everything in one day..... so, no hurry!.... one of the lessons was the difficulty of getting high-key with this backdrop..... a white paper or a white wall is so much easier achieve this.... the second lesson was the need for a GoBo (Go-between) or a flag to be able to control the direction or spill of light, especially with my speedlights..... more like the Barn Doors used on studio strobes...... in the following pics, I needed the GoBo to prevent light from falling on my cutie's face...... the third lesson was the distance between the subject and the backdrop..... I had space constraints and the backdrop was too short on the ground to facilitate a full-body high-key..... the last and the most annoying lesson was a seamless backdrop is imperative for high-key...... I would rather try to use this backdrop for non-high-key images, utilising the wrinkles on the backdrop, rather than trying to correct it..... anyway, lets see what happens.......

    here's Lamisa, chewing up Daddy's strobe...... actually, only the strobe's cover :)







    setup........
    blog comments powered by Disqus