Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 6 February 2012

    on the stage, after a while....

     21 January, 2012
    Rajshahi, Bangladesh

    its been a while since I had been active blogging.... in fact, not just blogging, all activities took a dive south with my health condition.... thanks to Almighty, I'm now on a fast recovery trail.... it feels great to be back again.... anyway, back to work....

    went to Rajshahi for a few days in January.... and that opened some opportunities for doing something different.... its been a while since I had taken my camera to a wedding..... so, it was time to revive the memories.... in fact, last time I did any kind of wedding portrait, I wasn't even a strobist!.... so, playing the role of a strobist in a wedding ceremony was something new for me.... its not something that I would on any given day..... not my job, for sure.... ceremonies in Bangladesh are just too typical to allow anything atypical.... we, in fact, had to push quite a bit to get these pictures done.....

    it was the wedding of one of the closest cousins of my wife.... so, it was more like a wedding present to carry all that photo gear there.... we needed to convince both the parties to buy that little bit of time for an exclusive photoshoot of the bride and the groom.... the bargain worked out well enough.... the conditions weren't ideal, as we had to work with less than ideal stuff.... carried only two flashes to Rajshahi; so, had to deal with that.... I guess needed 3 or 4 lights there.... anyway, you just have to work with whatever is available in your hands at that moment.... there's no point talking about ideal scenarios....








    we wanted to get one official portrait, and some jolly moments with the ring as well.... used two lights (as there was no more flashes).... the main light was a YN-560 inside a Lastolite 24" Ezybox Hotshoe softbox.... and the second light was a backlight; another YN-560.... both the flashes were triggered using Elinchrom Skyport... couldn't rely on optical trigger for one flash, as there were other people there with cameras.... used a Sigma 150mm lens (on D700) to flatten perspective.... it really was necessary, as the backdrop was pretty much widespread and multiple colours; making it hard to adjust in any kind of framing....

    there was a big challenge placing the softbox, as the groom was wearing fancy glasses with a parabolic design.... that made me put the main light in places where didn't want to.... and as I didn't have a third light, cutting shadows became an issue...

    did some more exclusive portraiture at Rajshashi with the bride, which I hope to cover in another detailed blog post..... so, stay tuned....

    a lot more coming up....
    blog comments powered by Disqus