Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday 28 January 2012

    playing with time....

    07 January 2012
    Mohammadpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh

    remember the gloomy day photoshoot from fifteen months ago?.... no?.... then let me refresh your memories.... we were in the middle of a photoshoot with two of our best models.... Lamisa and Tabassum.... time flies isn't it?.... to us it seemed just yesterday.... now we know that our children are growing.... and the evidence of their gradual progression can only be recorded in a camera.... what a magic machine that is!!

    we had to sacrifice something every time we were allocating some time behind some photoshoot.... at that time we feel all the pain, tiredness, and throw a question-mark on the whole thing..... "is it really necessary?".... "what if I take a rest today and do it tomorrow??"..... I'm glad for every single photosession decision that I've taken in my life.... and I'm sad for every single one of them that I missed for one reason (excuse) or the other.... time is our judge.... I can't possibly answer the question in the ailing days -- "what was I doing on that day?? was I that busy??"

    every time I find an excuse to pick the camera in my hand, I feel lucky.... lucky to capture time... history... glad that I chose to be a photographer!!

    anyway, we wanted to recreate memory.... so, we dressed Lamisa and Tabassum in almost the same fashion we did fifteen months back.... we could see the difference... the children are no longer one-and-a-half year olds... they're now three-year-old preschoolers... they're much more expressive now....







    on a technical note, this time the lighting was totally different.... you can see the background dark in the new photos.... this is the effect only a softbox would leave.... it was taken with an Elinchrom Rotalux 100cm "Deep Octa" softbox..... its punchy light with sharp falloff was quite evident.... and to add to the falloff, the softbox was a bit tilted towards the floor; not 100% parallel to the ground.... the main idea was to take some intimate portraits of the two together..... so, the setup wasn't that perfect to get them dancing around all over the place..... for that kind of shoot, probably the earlier setup was better.... to see the setup of the earlier shoot, please see the earlier blog post.....for this shoot, it was shot on D700 + 28-80mm lens and whole shoot was done at f8... trigger was Elinchrom Skyport....

    a lot more to come....
    blog comments powered by Disqus