Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday 16 August 2011

    just a pinch of ISO....

    30 July 2011
    Mohammadpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh

    its been a while since I've pushed the camera ISO levels to something like 3200 or more.... my efforts had been more towards achieving a higher dynamic range through the use of artificial lights.... and such lights surely do a wonderful job when they are available..... but there are situations when you are too far away from those lights or you are just utterly lethargic to move your body in the direction of those lights.... and you make a decision - what do I do with the camera in my hand?

    Lamisa gives me the reason to pick up the camera almost too many times.... thats what she does best and I just have to make sure that I'm not lazy enough.... her expressive ways always inspired me to click once more.... sometimes, without the extra lights.... when you have a beautiful daylight window nearby producing that lovely sidelight, you forget that you have artificial lights nearby...... and then, with a pinch of ISO you get that dynamic range and shutter speed.... with the 50mm shooting at f2.2, it needed only 800 ISO to do a decent enough job.... Lamisa was moving, but it was just about enough to freeze the action....








    more backlogs waiting in the wings to get dumped!!
    blog comments powered by Disqus