Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday 25 June 2011

    blue gel fun.....

    24 June 2011
    Mohammadpur, Dhaka

    just thought about doing something different.... putting some gels on a flash creates a different backdrop.... thats the easiest way to change the backdrop..... I was also thinking of putting the Phottix lightstands to some sort of test.... Lamisa gave me that excuse when she refused to complete her meal.... she got busy with me setting things up..... and by that time, her mother did her job.... anyway, I wasn't gonna pack my stuff just as she finished her meal.... a done setup should be utilised....











    put the 24" Shashinki softbox on a lightstand and made it my main light.... as I was looking to create a coloured backdrop with a gel filter, I positioned the softbox in a way so that it doesn't wash out the backdrop light.... the backdrop was illuminated by a flash with blue gel and a 1/4" grid spot.... the grid spot made sure that the blue light wasn't all over the place.... the last thing I would want was to have a blue cast on my subject because of a spill from the background light.... that light was also on a Phottix lightstand.....

    the lightstand proved to be sturdy enough with the softbox on it.... I mean up to around 5' height.... once it crossed 5', it began to sway a bit.... and remember, I was within my house.... a location testing would reveal something different.... especially with a softbox on top, which usually catches wind like a sail!!..... beyond 5'6", the lightstand needed support..... and didn't even dare to open the last section, which probably would've taken it beyond 7'..... anyway, its always good to know the limits of your hardware.... they really help in situations....

    more to come later.....
    blog comments powered by Disqus