Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday 8 April 2011

    a tearful achievement.....

    08 April 2011
    Dhaka, Bangladesh

    it was the 29th of May 2009 when I had made a visit to 33 Paridas Road at Old Dhaka..... it was a building waiting to be destroyed.... the 170-year old structure was actually destroyed not too long after that visit of ours.... I had a plan to show the pictures to the owners so that they could rethink their decision.... but somehow, I failed to reach them and the obvious happened....

    From Legend of Peari Das, Dhaka, May 2009



    From Legend of Peari Das, Dhaka, May 2009



    From Legend of Peari Das, Dhaka, May 2009


    it was an emotional feel for me when I saw the pictures in a presentation I made for the owners.... even though the presentation never reached the owners, it certainly moved me.... so, when I got a mail from a person who lived in that building way back before the Liberation War of 1971, I immediately knew how he felt like.... even I could feel life and memory in every brick and every bend..... I can still remember the shiver I got when I saw that old picture lying on the ruinous top floor.....

    From Legend of Peari Das, Dhaka, May 2009



    From Legend of Peari Das, Dhaka, May 2009


    From Legend of Peari Das, Dhaka, May 2009




    I had a long phone conversation with him tonight..... and that conversation gave me a feel..... a feel that makes you believe in your cause.... you immediately know that you have broken the barriers of time..... and you know that in this day of globalization, its not too difficult to reach to people you never thought could be reached.....

    I am glad that one day I decided to pick up that machine called camera..... and whatever I have done with that machine in my hand is going to remain as some of my top achievements in my life..... and some of those top achievements would be tearful achievements....
    blog comments powered by Disqus