Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday 1 April 2011

    a small tribute.....

    01 April 2011
    Dhaka, Bangladesh


    had been thinking of this for some time.... but at last I thought the time has arrived.... I had been in photography for more than five years now and it was late last year that I finally understood what the most important subject in photography is.... and thats exactly why I took "people photography" as a resolution for 2011.... to me, its the most challenging and the most rewarding in photography........

    everything has a start.... where did this thought start then?..... like a lotta other stuff it didn't start too far away..... it was my workplace where I got that spark.... a very unlikely place considering the fact that its work pressure that actually gave me the biggest push behind starting photography.....

    it was late July 2010 when this all happened.... he had been my boss for five years.... it wasn't just a working relationship that I had with him..... he had always been beside me like an elder brother with all his experience and advice.... we spent long enough time to be considered as part of one family.... never really understood when this turned into sort of a bondage..... and also, didn't actually realise this until those last days of July.....

    I had always dreamed of taking a portrait of him..... but didn't really know that it would be on his day of farewell that I would finally be able to accomplish this..... it was right after we gave him enough time to shallow those tears.... it was sort of an emotional thing for me as well, but had keep my composure to be able to come up with a reasonable outcome..... I had already thought about this the night before and determined that it had to be an image that shows his inner self..... a self that only those close to him knew about....



    I persuaded him to clean up his table!!... wow!!.... that was an achievement.... I had never seen that free of piles of paper!!.... I wanted that window open..... I wanted the light to burst in like freedom, breaking all barriers.... reflecting on that glossy table and illuminating those glasses of his that made him an icon among so many...... and I made him do a thing that he had never done..... stare at that light of freedom!!!..... I felt like finding that soul that always wanted to fly.... it was one of those moments in photography when you feel that you've done something good....

    there were just too many moments that reminded of him during the last eight months.... we watched the ICC WC Cricket 2011 together and we felt that empty chair... we felt that absent voice..... and we missed that inspiration.... and when he reads this from that far away land, I'm sure that he will know that there are many a souls that will not forget him....
    blog comments powered by Disqus