Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday 8 December 2011

    never miss the spontaneity of the moment....

    29 October 2011
    Mohammadpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh

    capturing the moment.... at least, thats what brought me to photography.... and that thing I realised every moment I found the photographed subject change with time.... street subjects are never the same... I shot the same wall twice in two days... thats how dynamic street photography is... every moment is history... and when talking about history, I've not found a more important moment than a moment in human life.... every moment is history.... you miss capturing it, you miss history.... you don't know what you've missed until you really miss it... and that will be the hardest to forget after twenty years.... I'm glad that I took my camera in my hand to capture history...




    anyway, as all moments are important, I do keep an eye on spontaneity of the moment... not all photoshoots are meant to be planned and perfect... sometimes an imperfect moment is probably the most precious.... every picture of my child (Lamisa) I took during her first one year was spontaneous and the photo-series I was able to make out of that one year's effort is one of my most precious works.... after her first year, I did a lotta staged photo-sessions, but still didn't forget about the spontaneous moments....I've had a session with Lamisa with all her toys more than a year back... yet, when I saw her bringing out her own toys to hide herself among them, I had to run to grad my camera.... we helped her out a bit while shooting, not denying the fact that she instigated the shoot...







    its been some time since I've used the 50mm indoors in available light.... it was a good feeling.... shot @f1.4 wide open... only had to use ISO 100 as the shutter was manageable @ 1/80.... used the backlight to overexpose the shots.... thats it...

    oh, this was the 200th blog post in Ideas_R_Bulletproof blog....  started this blog on 21 July 2009 to record my regular activities... the blog's purpose changed over time and its still evolving.... thanks to the readers who had been following us (yes, its 'us' :) and also gave us lots of feedback.... thats been our inspiration.... :)

    much much more to come....
    blog comments powered by Disqus