Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday 6 January 2011

    there and back again.....

    Hajiganj, Chandpur, Bangladesh
    16-17 December 2010

    I was just thinking how I can compensate for the lost blogs posts of December 2010..... well, yes, there's a solution.... dump it one after the other..... may be there are some prettier solutions, but to me its more like getting it done than look pretty.... so, there we go..... I start the dumping with the Hajiganj tour...

    its my mom's ancestral home.... and we went on a trip for the first anniversary of my uncle's death.... Victory Day holiday coincided with weekend and gave us an opportunity to take a time off..... actually we planned the tour with the holidays in mind, rather than keeping the anniversary date..... we were there with our whole family.... most of my uncles and cousins showed up and it was a grand get-together..... I thought I had captured some of those rare moments that people would like to see after years.... simple family stuff.... but to be they are as precious as they can be, because no zillion dollars can produce those photos again....

    the family stuff all happened on the second day of the tour actually..... the first day's evening was a strobist evening..... would've loved to share some of those portraiture I've done there with my cousins.... its a pity that I failed to get the approval for publishing those shots.... now I have to be content with publishing the experiences of the second morning only....

    From Hajiganj 17 December 2010



    From Hajiganj 17 December 2010



    the second day of the tour started with that thick winter cloak.... and man, it was thick!..... the first touch on the winter weather on my face reminded me that this is way different from what we are used to see in the cities..... I had the plan to wake up early to have a look around; of course with the camera in hand..... the Balakhal Railway Station being so close to the house made it almost mandatory to take a walk along the rail-track..... and when the mist is so thick, it ought to look something like a mystery movie setting..... whatever I could see in front of me, was disappearing behind that cloak of fog.... I prayed for a train for as long as I was following the train tracks.... but it arrived just after I left the scene.... it cheated me in such a clever way!!

    From Hajiganj 17 December 2010



    From Hajiganj 17 December 2010



    From Hajiganj 17 December 2010



    From Hajiganj 17 December 2010



    the locals looked at me like an alien; I don't blame them..... someone they don't know and sporting a big machine in hand at the dawn of the day had to be an alien..... but they did fill my frame more than once; knowingly or unknowingly..... the sun struggled for a while to show its face, but ultimately it overpowered the mist and cut through..... thats the point I realised that it was probably time that I call it a day.....

    From Hajiganj 17 December 2010



    From Hajiganj 17 December 2010



    From Hajiganj 17 December 2010



    From Hajiganj 17 December 2010



    that single morning was enough of a motivation to do the tour.... but I still think the portraiture that I was able to do there were the more priceless of it all....
    blog comments powered by Disqus